@zwbetz The output html is correct only sometimes. In particular, as you can see in the screen cast, the about/index.html sometimes shows correct contents (from about.md) but at other times it shows contents of the home page. The only difference is different builds. I can keep rebuilding the application and getting different output html in the public directory.
The first thing I noticed was that once I span the local Hugo server the /about/ page was identical to the index page and it did not correspond to what existed under /content/about/.
The second thing I noticed was that you have made extensive overrides to the hugo-fresh theme.
There is a /layouts/ folder directly under the root of your project with various partials and a redefined baseof.html.
This template is what is causing the problem. When I remove <root-of-the-project>/layouts/_default/baseof.html the /about/ page displays as intended.
I have not looked into the specifics about the reasons why this is caused by your overriden baseof.html template since I do not have the time for this. I suggest that you debug it line by line so that you can find out what is causing the problem you reported.
Thanks for your input. How do you suggest I debug it line-by-line? By adding comments and building the website with hugo in verbose mode? That would really take me too long, since it’s a very slow process. Are there any tools to debug how hugo builds the websites on the fly, such as xdebug for example?
Most of my overrides are small, they’re just in a lot of files. This is my first website I’m creating with JAMstack and hugo, and already experiencing issues I shouldn’t be in the first place. It’s pretty frustrating to be honest and makes a pretty bad impression overall. This was supposed to be a simple, straight forward website with minor overrides of the theme, and this bug is taking two weeks to resolve now. Eh…
Super helpful, THANK YOU! Now the site builds as it should.
I don’t get why it’s still an issue if it’s a known race condition…
Did that, thanks!
I may add some markdown later on, I wouldn’t want to have to rename the files though. The build process doesn’t affect the production performance, so I think I’ll leave it as *.md. Thanks for the suggestion.