Hugo won't build (after update?)

I am getting following errors.

[~/git/hugo_site]: hugo -D -v
WARN  --verbose was deprecated in Hugo v0.114.0 and will be removed in a future release. use --logLevel info
Start building sites … 
hugo v0.120.1+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=unknown

INFO  copy static: syncing static files to /
INFO  build: running step process duration 786.635µs
INFO  build: running step assemble duration 560.823µs
WARN  _internal/google_analytics_async.html is no longer supported by Google and will be removed in a future version of Hugo
ERROR render of "term" failed: template: _internal/_default/rss.xml:3:9: executing "_internal/_default/rss.xml" at <site>: can't evaluate field email in type string
ERROR render of "section" failed: template: _internal/_default/rss.xml:3:9: executing "_internal/_default/rss.xml" at <site>: can't evaluate field email in type string
INFO  build: running step render duration 11.832117ms
INFO  build: running step postProcess duration 1.142µs
Total in 18 ms
Error: error building site: render: failed to render pages: render of "home" failed: template: _internal/_default/rss.xml:3:9: executing "_internal/_default/rss.xml" at <site>: can't evaluate field email in type string
[~/git/hugo_site, 1, main]: hugo version
hugo v0.120.1+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=unknown

It is not a good feeling to have my website broken all of a sudden.
I did not change the code but probably updated Hugo.
Anyone knows how to fix?

Maybe related: render of "term" failed: execute of template failed · Issue #84 · victoriadrake/hugo-theme-sam · GitHub ?

EDIT:
A quick test confirmed
hugo v0.111.3-5d4eb5154e1fed125ca8e9b5a0315c4180dab192 linux/amd64 BuildDate=2023-03-12T11:40:50Z VendorInfo=gohugoio
works.

It is something with the template what is wrong.

I’ll stick to hugo as it is awsome but please try to be more backwards compatible.

Still, any help to fix the template is appreciated: GitHub - kaapiandcode/hugo-goa: Simple Minimalistic Theme for Hugo

There were some breaking changes in the latest version of Hugo – did you check the release notes and the various reports here?

Your problem might be related to the change in the author field.

Your build log shows you are running v0.120.1.
The problem you reported was resolved in v0.120.2.
The current version is v0.120.4.

Ok, v0.120.4 did not make it into Arch Linux yet.

extra/hugo 0.120.1-1 (16.4 MiB 85.5 MiB)
Fast and Flexible Static Site Generator in Go

If someone faces the same issue, the person might consider installing

aur/gohugo-extended-bin 0.120.4-1 (+1 0.09)
Hugo - The world’s fastest framework for building websites (Extended Edition)

Thanks!