HUGO

Hugo admin interface with Caddy webserver

Hi everyone!

I’ve been developing a Caddy add-on to support Hugo (and any other static website generator). You can simply download it and start using it. It’s very simple and you can edit posts, upload things, schedule posts, among a little other features.

If you are interested in it, you should read this small doc. It explains everything you have to know. Oh… one of the biggest features it that Hugo is bundled with the plugin so you don’t need to download Hugo.

Also, if you would like to have a search feature on your satic website, you can use search plugin for Caddy.

I’ll wait for your opinion!

8 Likes

Good idea. I’ll check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah! This looks very promising. I’ll check it out as soon as I can.

1 Like

Will have to check this out, could be a game changer for me. Been really leaning towards switching from Apache to Caddy on my FreeBSD server and this would make things so much easier to deal with. Still have a jekyll blog due to the complicated design it uses, but its very tempting to work on porting it to Hugo or making a new design.

1 Like

Thank you very much for it!!

I’ve a need to manage admin site for non-profit and decided to use Hugo and migrate from PHP CMS, but there is a need to be able to allow other (not so tech-savvy users) to contribute content, so having ‘web-editor’ is just the right thing. :wink:

[quote]It explains everything you have to know. Oh… one of the biggest features it that Hugo is bundled with the plugin so you don’t need to download Hugo.
[/quote]

Some questions…I’m used to put images for my post in the folder named as the post itself to take advantage of that Hugo feature, iow.:

testing-caddy/image.jpg
testing-caddy.md

and the post uses something like:

![Title of the image](image.jpg)

However, although your screenshot show Image metadata, I was not able to get it, so wonder where is one supposed to upload images in order for them the be visiable in the posts themselves as well as in post’s metadata?

Another issue is that plugin does not work with non-markdown posts and I’m using AsciiDoc(tor), so it would be nice to have - as Hugo does it - support for both Asciidoc and reStructuredText?