Hugo 0.48 Released

Spread the word.

And I have created a PR to update Homebrew:

Man, what a Hugo year! Thank you and all contributors. As always I highly appreciate the work you put into this great project.

:sparkler:

Find updated packages for Termux/Android at https://termux.holehan.org/

Brew - a macOS package manager - updated :white_check_mark:
Snap Package - the Hugo Snap (Snapcraft) package for Linux distributions

• traditional release - not yet updated :x:
  • extended release - not yet updated :x:

Docker/CI Image - a Hugo Docker image for Continuous Integration - updated :white_check_mark:
Debian (sid) - not yet updated :x: (Track link)
Ubuntu (cosmic) - not yet updated :x: (Track link)
Fedora Copr - Hugo RPM packages for Fedora and CentOS - updated :white_check_mark:
Chocolatey - a Windows package manager - updated :white_check_mark:
Scoop - another Windows package manager - updated :white_check_mark:

Official Node.js wrapper for Hugo binary management?
Official Node.js wrapper for Hugo binary management?

This isn’t the thread for support questions …

Docker image updated.

@anthonyfok Any luck on the snap? I’m assuming its release isn’t automated?

Thanks for the heads up! The current snapcraft.yaml contains the following:

environment:
    GO111MODULE: on

where YAML somehow interprets that “on” as boolean “true”, leading to the following error:

Issues while validating snapcraft.yaml: The ‘environment/GO111MODULE’ property does not match the required schema: true is not of type ‘number’ or true is not of type ‘string’

Adding quotation marks would solve this particular error. However, I suspect that this yet-to-be-documented environment declaration in snapcraft.yaml is for run-time only, so I’ll probably set GO111MODULE elsewhere in the file. Will try to fix it and report back soon.

Note that you can get the same behaviour by making sure Hugo is built outside of GOPATH (see the current Appveyor YAML).

@martignoni Thanks for keeping track!

Updates to the Debian and Ubuntu are still in the process of preparing the golang-1.11 package

Debian and Ubuntu are still in the process of preparing the golang-1.11 package, i.e. it is “UNRELEASED” at the time of this writing:

While Hugo 0.48 builds fine with Go 1.10, I suspect it would be missing the new features that only comes with compiling Hugo 0.48 with Go 1.11, so I think I’ll just wait until the Debian golang-1.11 packages are ready.

For the time being, use Snap? <grin, duck, run>

Thanks! I didn’t know that, as I haven’t yet to try out Go 1.11. <grin, duck, run>

For snapcraft.yaml, I am taking the easy way out by setting GO111MODULE within the override-build script, alongside where GOPATH and PATH were set: https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo/commit/3ddbb7f (testing it on the extended-snap-master first before pushing the change to master and stable branches)

Update: Nope, setting GO111MODULE=on globally didn’t work. Strange errors with other Go packages. I’d better follow your example in .travis.yml by applying env GO111MODULE=on to the go get github.com/magefile/mage command only.

Update 2: Nope, that didn’t work either. That means I really should look at your latest changes to Appveyor YAML and https://github.com/magefile/mage/issues/79 carefully. Haha, not as simple as I had thought!

Hugo Snap v0.48 Work

In case anyone is looking for the (historical) Debian packaging of Hugo 0.48:

golang-1.11 became available on Debian on 2018-11-20, but I was late in realizing that, and so hugo (0.48-1) was uploaded 2018-12-19.