Hugo 0.38 Released

Spread the word …

And @kaushalmodi … I would love some help getting the docs up to date …

10 Likes

Damn’ that’s a lot of new stuff to play with! Thanks for the hard work to @bep and all contributors!

2 Likes

Great job Bjørn Erik :+1:

3 Likes

Btw, I submitted the link to the release notes to /r/golang, /r/gohugo and Hackernews. Feel free to vote them up if you want to see/keep the submission(s) on the front page.

2 Likes

The Snap & 3rd-Party Releases

Snap Package - the Hugo Snap (Snapcraft) package for Linux distributions - updated
Docker/CI Image - a Hugo Docker image for Continuous Integration- updated
Fedora Copr - Hugo RPM packages for Fedora and CentOS - updated
Brew Package - Hugo package for the macOS package manager - updated

1 Like

upvoted

1 Like

Thanks for this. I just tested a few ongoing projects with it, and no problems!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks to @bep and all contributors. @digitalcraftsman: Danke für die Pflege der Themes!

1 Like

So, I had this open GitHub issue about a failing test in the snap build … I moved that open issue to the 0.39 milestone, which of course did not make the problem go away … Hehe.

The snap should be OK now.

2 Likes

Yup. Looks all good now.

Of course.

Many people might not know, but we have issues tagged UndocumentedFeature in the hugoDocs repo. I plan to tackle those as I find time. But I urge everyone else in this forum to look at those, and see if they can contribute to those…

• You don’t need to know git and know how to submit a PR to contribute to those.
    • If you don’t, simply answer to those issues with Markdown text that you think is right to describe those undocumented features. I’ll then port them to the doc site, attributing the text authors.
    • But if you do know git, and have a rough draft to document those features, send a PR!
4 Likes

The COPR has been updated.
For information it’s now built only for EPEL7 as Fedora now has a package on its own.

1 Like

Hi @daftaupe,

Thanks for your work on maintaining the RPMs. I went to install Hugo on Fedora 27, but it’s still on 0.31. I saw on your Copr page that the automatic build is disabled and the last build failed. Am I better off to build from source for Fedora 27? Thanks!

Hello @prcutler, I realized the Fedora maintainer told me he won’t put effort in Fedora27 anymore so I’ve re-enabled it and rebuild hugo 38 for it
Tell me if it works now.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply and for the build! Everything working great, thanks again.

1 Like