Hugo 0.43 Released

Spread the word.

A note for the “source builders” out there:

• To get the “extended” SASS/SCSS version you need to build something like this: CGO_ENABLED=1 go build -tags extended and you will need C/C++ compiler installed.
  • If someone could communicate this with the Brew people? I assume they build on a box with XCode etc. up and running.
16 Likes

Awesome, going to take it for a spin immediately! :slight_smile: I really look forward to this release and must even admit I was a little bit waiting on it, wondering when today it would come out. :angel:

Thank you Bep for your amazing work on Hugo. It’s amazing how much better Hugo becomes each time. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the hard work everyone!

1 Like

Tnx @bep. this is really amazing. Getting rid now of my gulp tasks (at least for SCSS and PostCSS). Hugo’s getting better each time. You’re the man… :de::raised_hands:

2 Likes

The Snap & 3rd-Party Releases

Snap Package - the Hugo Snap (Snapcraft) package for Linux distributions - updated
Docker/CI Image - a Hugo Docker image for Continuous Integration- updated
Fedora Copr - Hugo RPM packages for Fedora and CentOS - updated
Brew - a macOS package manager - updated
Chocolatey - a Windows package manager - not yet updated

I periodically check this post for updates but feel free to ping me.

3 Likes

Is there a way to minify the entirety of an output HTML page. Or is this minify functionality only available for pulling in resources in page?

I already opened the Brew PR but perhaps I should pull it back? I don’t know what would need to be done for CGO builds in brew,

This thread is not a place for discussions about what it is. We have talked about that for months. But if you don’t find what you want mentioned in the release notes, assume it’s not there.

Brew package is now updated :slight_smile: Not sure though if it has the build option @bep mentions.

It seem like the announcement thread is the perfect place to talk about the announcement and the features it introduces.

I only asked because I looked for the documentation and discovered it is not yet available.

Apologies if I overstepped the social conventions of this community forum.

The release notes is clear about whas is part of the release.

Is the brew version not the extended version? Or is there a way to grab the extended build via brew (yet)?

If you run hugo version it will show

Hugo Static Site Generator v0.44-DEV-A4FAD5BE6/extended darwin/amd64 BuildDate: 2018-07-09T14:04:02+0200

Or something. Notice the “extended” keyword.

Yep, through brew I am getting:

Hugo Static Site Generator v0.43 darwin/amd64 BuildDate: unknown

(which, by the way, thank you brew crew for the quick package update!)

I did the Homebrew PR. It’s not the ended build. I don’t know brew well enough to get it to build the extended version though.

Hopefully somebody here can help?

Is it as simple as pulling the binary from the bottom of this list? https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo/releases (extended versions)

No because brew builds from source.

Yes, but there has been some reports about issues with the Windows extended binary. Will look into that soon.

Windows users:

2 Likes

I’m using npm to get some sass dependencies. I quick looked the hugo source and found that toCSS is setting the include path as the sass file directory so currently there isn’t a way to set the include path. Am I right?

Butaca, this is not a 0.43 support/question thread. Open a new thread with your question(s).