How to get relref link to taxonomy page in post

Hello!

I have what I think is likely a very simple question, but I haven’t been able to find the answer through experimentation or by reading the docs or previous questions. If this has previously been answered, please let me know! This is my first time posting, asking for some help, so please let me know if I’m violating any rules – I appreciate the effort!

Coming from an older version of Hugo, I was able to reference taxonomy pages in my blog posts, like this:

[Check out similar blog posts with this tag!]({{< ref "tags/this-particular-tag" >}})

Now this causes Hugo to throw the following error:

[en] REF_NOT_FOUND: Ref "tags/this-particular-tag": "C:\Hugo\myblog\content\blog\this-particular-post.md:9:52": page not found
Rebuild failed:

Logged 1 error(s)

Hugo Static Site Generator v0.79.0/extended windows/amd64 BuildDate: unknown

I can successfully link to the taxonomy page by creating a list of tags used at the bottom of the post, but I’d like to be able to reference it inline as I was able to before. I could create my own shortcode for this, but it seems like something that already exists, so I’d love to do it the “right” way.

Any help is much appreciated!

Of course, asking for help was the magic ticket – I think I’ve stumbled upon my solution. :slight_smile:

[Check out similar blog posts with this tag!]({{< ref "/tags/this-particular-tag" >}})

This seems to link to the tag page just fine. The trick was the leading “/” in the parameter.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.