Historic CSS appears - can't find origin

I am trying to install Comment-Sidecar, it works, fine, but CSS stylings give me trouble.

Originally it was using Bootstrap, which I completely removed, including any classes and links. I use TailwindCSS. I start with server --gc I do Hugo clean - but the old classes still show up. There is no any btn btn-primary in the folder. I am puzzled where it might come from.

Any hints what I can do?

Check which css your browser loads in its developer tools.

I have a html with some Tailwind classes in /static/comments/form-templates/*.html - this seems very hard to update. I frequently do the Hugo mod clean and also added --disableFastRender

Even I delete the file it’s still in the :1313 output.

I deleted the /public/ and did the search for a text string in that file in the project folder - none there!

So I thought maybe Windows 10 hides something somewhere (all my project are on a external HDD) - so I swapped the external HDD to my notebook (had to install VS code) - and the string was still there.

Checked different browsers too. How is that possible?

Are you deliberately ignoring my suggestion or didn’t you find yout anything by following it?

Relax. Output has “fresh” CSS. I deleted CSS a few times to generate a new one. I am constantly doing the F12

It typically does update here and then with a hugo. After the build update it looks ok.

"start:css": "npx tailwindcss -i ./assets/css/main.css -o ./assets/css/style.css -w",
"start:hugo": "hugo server --disableFastRender",
"start": "run-p start:*",
"build:css": "npx tailwindcss -i ./assets/css/main.css -o ./assets/css/style.css -m",
"build:hugo": "hugo --minify",
"build": "run-s build:*"

So currently I do a “Build”, check it, then go on with Dev.

Tailwind can be a little glitchy, but this is the first time I have Tailwind classes in the /static/