Help with error message

Hello,

I have been using Hugo for a few years for my own little blog that I self host on a Raspberry Pi at home, writing 2 or 3 articles per semester.

I am using the Archie theme and yesterday I wanted to write a new article and got this error message when deploying or using the hugo server command:

hugo server -D
Watching for changes in /home/arnauld/Sync/sites/archie/{archetypes,assets,content,data,layouts,static,themes}
Watching for config changes in /home/arnauld/Sync/sites/archie/config.toml
Start building sites …
hugo v0.120.1+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=unknown

ERROR render of “page” failed: “/home/arnauld/Sync/sites/archie/themes/archie/layouts/_default/baseof.html:3:8”: execute of template failed: template: _default/single.html:3:8: executing “_default/single.html” at <partial “header.html” .>: error calling partial: execute of template failed: template: _internal/opengraph.html:47:9: executing “_internal/opengraph.html” at : can’t evaluate field facebook_admin in type interface {}
Built in 705 ms
Error: error building site: render: failed to render pages: render of “page” failed: “/home/arnauld/Sync/sites/archie/themes/archie/layouts/_default/baseof.html:3:8”: execute of template failed: template: _default/single.html:3:8: executing “_default/single.html” at <partial “header.html” .>: error calling partial: execute of template failed: template: _internal/opengraph.html:47:9: executing “_internal/opengraph.html” at : can’t evaluate field facebook_admin in type interface {}

I have no idea what is wrong here… Any help/suggestions appreciated.
And I can’t remember having changed anything in my blog/Hugo, except writing new posts.

Thank you.

Please search the forum before posting.

1 Like

Thank you. Sorry for that, I should have checked indeed… I will test the link when I am back home.

Hum, my Linux distro, Manjaro, is at Hugo 120.1-1, so I guess I will have to wait a few days to update my Hugo install.

I just received an update for Hugo in my Manjaro Linux distro and that solved my problem.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.