Following the Hugo quick start nothing Page Not Found displayed on http://localhost:1313/

Hi I have followed the hugo quick start (i am using windows) when i run hugo server -D I get this message:

C:\Hugo\Sites\quickstart>hugo server -D
Start building sites …
hugo v0.105.0-0e3b42b4a9bdeb4d866210819fc6ddcf51582ffa windows/amd64 BuildDate=2022-10-28T12:29:05Z VendorInfo=gohugoio
WARN 2022/11/09 10:29:24 found no layout file for “HTML” for kind “taxonomy”: You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2022/11/09 10:29:24 found no layout file for “HTML” for kind “section”: You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2022/11/09 10:29:24 found no layout file for “HTML” for kind “home”: You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2022/11/09 10:29:24 found no layout file for “HTML” for kind “taxonomy”: You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.

| EN

-------------------±----
Pages | 4
Paginator pages | 0
Non-page files | 0
Static files | 0
Processed images | 0
Aliases | 0
Sitemaps | 1
Cleaned | 0

Built in 36 ms
Watching for changes in C:\Hugo\Sites\quickstart{archetypes,content,data,layouts,static}
Watching for config changes in C:\Hugo\Sites\quickstart\config.toml
Environment: “development”
Serving pages from memory
Running in Fast Render Mode. For full rebuilds on change: hugo server --disableFastRender
Web Server is available at http://localhost:1313/ (bind address 127.0.0.1)
Press Ctrl+C to stop

The quick start doesn’t mention the warning and the local host displays page not found… I am using windows. I have spent several hours trying to get this to work going through various troubleshooting… I want to assess Hugo and a particular theme to see if it fits my purpose for API documentation…

If anyone could guide me towards what I have done wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Did you follow step 3?

That solved it!! thank you… So you don’t think I am a COMPLETE idiot, what happened was i tried following the process using a different theme… (docuapi) initially and couldn’t get it to work, so when doing it again, I missed that step… sorry but thank you… I have another question but will create a new thread relating to a specific theme

I am also new to Hugo. Just know you are not an idiot. It takes a while to follow the docs, and I recommend reading more than once. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.