I’m just getting started with Hugo so sorry if I’m missing something simple. I’ve been through the docs multiple times and I haven’t had any luck reading through the posts here.
Here’s the problem - When I create a new content file (other than content/index.md) and run the server navigating to the page gives a 404 until a change is made to the file, after that it renders just find.
I’m using version 0.38.2 and I’ve tested on both Mac and Linux with the same results. Here are the steps to reproduces.
- Run “hugo new site testhugo” and “cd testhugo”.
- Clone the hogo-bootstrap them into the themes directory.
- Run “hugo new index.md” and “hugo new test.md”.
- Edit both index.md and test.md and add some text.
- Run “hugo server -t hugo-bootstrap -D”
- Navigate to “http://localhost:1313/” and the content in index.md shows up just fine.
- Navigate to the “/test/” page and I get a 404.
- Edit test.md and save the file.
- Navigate to the “/test/” page and now the content in test.md shows up just fine.
I’ve tried all kinds of command line options, etc. with no luck so I’m assuming I’m just missing something simple.