Can't evaluate field name in type string

See can't evaluate field name in type string · Issue #10117 · gohugoio/hugo · GitHub for all info as I am not wasting time c&p from there to here

Can you share a link to the public repository for your project? It would be much easier for us to troubleshoot…

See https://discourse.gohugo.io/t/requesting-help/9132.

Let us see your code

Include a link to the source code repository of your project, because we really need the context of seeing your templates and partials to be able to help you. It is trivial to do a quick git clone on your repo, then run hugo server in your project, to help you out. On the other hand, recreating your code from screenshots, or sort of guessing at it, is not.

If you can’t share your repository for whatever reason, consider creating a dummy repo that you can share, which reproduces the problem you’re experiencing.

yeah I am trying to make this theme that was driven by someone else prior to me picking it up & make it more useful for the on going future in which I want to make it a much more accessible theme, but that’s further down the line

hugo-theme-pure

OK, given this theme, how do I reproduce the problem?

Do you have a project repository (not a theme repository) that is already failing?

Let me put together a test repo with this theme and can then share it as I’ve been working on this on a local version of a site of mine before pushing it to the live repo, which is currently private.