Can’t evaluate field Hugo in type *hugolib.pageState

Hi. I need some help in trying to figure this out.

I’m running windows 11 and hugo server was working fine. i made some changes to include new chapters within my site and now i can’t render it locally (through hugo server)

I receive the following error:

ERROR 2022/04/11 09:39:33 render of “section” failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.html:1:3: executing “_default/list.html” at <partial “header.html” .>: error calling partial: “D:\workshop\themes\learn\layouts\partials\header.html:10:10”: execute of template failed: template: partials/header.html:10:10: executing “partials/header.html” at <.Hugo.Generator>: can’t evaluate field Hugo in type *hugolib.pageState

I believe that this error tells me that i haven’t setup my shortcodes correctly, but i don’t think that’s the real problem.

i copied the full folder to another windows computer (but running windows 10) that also has hugo set up and my content renders fine. i can run hugo server and view the content through localhost:1313.

because of this, i thought that my first computer (windows 11) had a bad hugo install. so, i removed the path variable and hugo folder, downloaded new, and set up again – no difference.

i also had some video studio code plugins that i recently downloaded, so i removed them – no difference.

has anyone seen this issue before or have thoughts about how to troubleshoot it?

thanks much for any help you can offer.

The .Hugo page method was removed in v0.93.0, after years of deprecation warnings.

You can:

1. Use the hugo function instead, or
  2. Remove the <meta name="generator"> element from your partial (it will be automatically inserted presuming disableHugoGeneratorInject has not been set to true in the site configuration)
2 Likes

thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.