I have been reviewing Hugo themes to pick something for a non-blog site and it appeared to me that one can roughly classify all themes into the following categories:
- blog-like one (Ghostwriter) or the two (Hyde) column
- documentation themes (Alabaster)
- bootstrap-like with top horizontal menu
- landing page with centered elements (hello-friend)
- graphically intensive themes
- precursors (Paper, Classless)
Some themes (like kraiklyn) combine a few things.
These types kind of mix the structure/appearance and purpose, but they look like a viable way to classify themes and make a selection easier.
- do you think this classification may be enhanced? something that helps a newcomer to navigate through the themes?
- do you know any resources/charts that show some genealogy of the themes and their ports across platforms (Wordpress has thousands, Jekyll/Hugo just first hundreds)?