Andrews Fasteners Limited - Professional website made with Hugo

I planned everything and start with migrating theme from WordPress to Hugo together with some basic markdown files for main pages. Once I get design sorted, I moved all posts and pages into markdown and start “slow” process of reviewing all them, correcting, adding necessary aliases, featured images, correcting links and what more important, moving images and files into new places (which required amending all references in files). I used various tools to bulk find and replace together with finding 404 when running site locally.

For migration from WordPress to Markdown used How To Convert WordPress To Markdown by KevQ.

I put some information into my blogpost mentioned above.

The search I sorted in first week since lunch using A simple javascript based full text search function.

ps. for contact forms I am currently using Netlify Forms. You building a form into your website and integration happens when you publish site vie Netlify automatically. You just need to remember to set notification to email when new submission is made (in Netlify control panel).

Example for contact form:

<div class="contactform">
  <form name="contact-form" method="POST" action="/contact/sent" netlify-honeypot="bot-field" data-netlify-recaptcha="true" data-netlify="true">
    <input type="hidden" name="form-name" value="contact-form" />
    <input type="text" name="Name" placeholder="First and Last Name" required />
    <input name="bot-field" style="display:none" />
    <input type="email" name="Email" placeholder="Email your@email.co.uk" required />
    <input type="phone" name="Contact number" placeholder="Phone +44 07xxx xxx xxx" required />
    <textarea type="text" rows="5" name="Message" placeholder="Your message" required></textarea>
    <input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Contact from www.andrewsfasteners.uk" />
    <div data-netlify-recaptcha="true"></div>

<h4>GDPR Agreement</h4>
    <p>By submitting above form you agree to process your personal data through the company for purpose of the above contact form. Following GDPR, you got the right to Access, correct or request to be forgotten. For more information please visit out <a href="/gdpr/"><strong>GDPR page</strong></a></p>

<button type="submit">Send your form</button>
  </form>
</div>
2 Likes