When trying to apply a theme via “git submodule add https://github.com/budparr/gohugo-theme-ananke.git themes/ananke” my cmd just hangs. Am I missing something here?
Hard to tell what the problem is from the information you gave, I’m afraid. A few shots in the dark:
- git’s installed / in your path?
- git’s basically configured
- your project is git initialized? (is a git repo)
- you’re in the project when you run the
- (of course) you’re not including the quote marks when entering the command right?
Everything was set up according to the Quick Start within Hugo but for some reason, that command didn’t work. So instead I just copied the theme from the Github page, cloned it, then placed in theme folder which worked. Thanks for the help though.