Trouble building at netlify

Hi, I am attempting to publish my site using Netlify. However, ever since I upgraded to Hugo version 0.111.3 (previously using 0.72.1), my build process consistently fails. Previously, it only failed most of the time.

I am encountering the following error message:

6:54:30 PM: Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of "page" failed: "/opt/build/repo/layouts/portfolio/single.html:19:3": execute of template failed: template: portfolio/single.html:19:3: executing "main" at <partial "gallery.html" .>: error calling partial: partial "gallery.html" timed out after 2m0s. This is most likely due to infinite recursion. If this is just a slow template, you can try to increase the 'timeout' config setting.

I have already set the timeout to 2 minutes, and I don’t believe I am doing anything that would cause such delays. My image files are not excessively large (all below 2MB, with most being a few hundred kilobytes), and I don’t see any instances of recursion occurring.

My website

Theme

What could be the cause of this?

First (unrelated), I could not install the Node.js dependencies:

$ npm ci

npm WARN old lockfile 
npm WARN old lockfile The package-lock.json file was created with an old version of npm,
npm WARN old lockfile so supplemental metadata must be fetched from the registry.
npm WARN old lockfile 
npm WARN old lockfile This is a one-time fix-up, please be patient...
npm WARN old lockfile 
npm ERR! code 1
npm ERR! path /home/jmooring/temp/jan.limpens.com-hugo/node_modules/esbuild
npm ERR! command failed
npm ERR! command sh -c node install.js

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /home/jmooring/.npm/_logs/2023-05-27T17_49_16_326Z-debug-0.log

Second, when I increase the timeout the site builds without errors:

site config

timeout = '10m' 
                   | PT-BR  
-------------------+--------
  Pages            |   137  
  Paginator pages  |    21  
  Non-page files   |   646  
  Static files     |    19  
  Processed images |  1598  
  Aliases          |    25  
  Sitemaps         |     1  
  Cleaned          |     0  

Total in 106311 ms

Thanks, this worked (and out of some reason, no npm problems here).

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.