Site not displaying after moving files from Linux to Windows

I recently changed PCs from an Ubuntu to a Windows PC. I initially had my academic theme hugo website files on the Ubuntu machine and wanted to move the files over to my new PC. Since everything was committed on github, I just cloned the files to the new PC, installed hugo on windows, and tried to run hugo server, but I got the following errors:

Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2021/02/22 12:27:26 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "page": You should create a template file which matches Hugo 
WARN 2021/02/22 12:27:26 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "home": You should create a template file which matches Hugo 
WARN 2021/02/22 12:27:26 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "section": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2021/02/22 12:27:26 found no layout file for "JSON" for kind "home": You should create a template file which matches Hugo 
WARN 2021/02/22 12:27:26 found no layout file for "webappmanifest" for kind "home": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.

The above errors are just a small part, the same line repeats for kind "taxonomy" "term" etc.

This is the github repo that I cloned and has all my custom edited markdown files relevant to my webisite. : https://github.com/PavanRajkumar/academic-kickstart

My directory structure is as follows:

Hugo
____- bin
________- hugo.exe
________- license
________- readme.md
____- sites
________- academic-kickstart (With all the edited md files for my website)

Can anyone help me out with this file migration?

Edit: I think it has something to do with the git submodule

1 Like

your theme is a git submodule, run this to pull the submodule:

git submodule update --init --recursive
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.