Post link leads nowhere and images not showing up on site

Hi, I am trying to get a post up on my site, but am not able to do so. I’ve edited my-first-post.md under content/posts/, and run the hugo server command, but when I click the link ‘read more’ from the main page to see the rest of the post, I am led to a blank page. I am also trying to post an image on the post, but it is not showing up. I have added the image in the ‘static’ folder, and can also see it in the ‘public’ folder. However, when I reference the image with markdown in my post it does not show up. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get the post to appear and the image to show on the page? Thanks! Here is my-first-post.md:

---
title: "About Us"
date: 2018-08-06T10:24:47-07:00
draft: false
---

[TestImage](/img/testimage.jpg)

Lorem Ipsum

The output of the site is both your content and the templates. Please read Requesting Help and update your post with more information.

To understand how Hugo generates web pages, I suggest following the quick start. That should get you to the questions you need. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll update my post accordingly. I have tried to follow the quick start guide as closely as possible, but I cannot seem to get a theme or image up on the site. Can you please give a set of steps that I can use to enable a theme on the site? Thanks!

No. You can read all the docs and try to figure it out from there. You might also searching the web for tutorials. :slight_smile: