Picture Caption in Section - Hugo

I’m new to coding/Hugo and building a website. I’m using the Somrat theme, but I’m trying to modify the HTML index file to fit my needs (namely to add a caption to an image).

The website theme is divided in half, where you can put content on one side and the other. In my case, I want to put a picture & text on the left side and text on the right. However, when I do this, the text (that would be customized for the caption) flows to the right-hand side and then the text that would be on the right-hand side flows beneath the picture (seemingingly in another quadrant). Each .Param code creates a new quadrant, but I want simply 2 quadrants (left and right) (i.e., make the Param.image and Param.experience flow on the left side together). I don’t know how to adjust. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the relevant code snippet:

{{.Params.custom_css | safeCSS}}
{{ with .Params.image }}
about-me
{{ end }}
  {{ with .Params.experience }}
  {{ if .enable }}
  <div class="col-lg-6 col-sm-6 col-11 experience wow fadeInUp" data-wow-duration="1.5s">
    <h6> {{ .caption }}</h6>
  </div>
  {{ end }}
  {{ end }}

{{ with .Params.skill }}
  {{ if .enable }}
  <div class="col-lg-6 col-sm-6 col-11 experience wow fadeInUp" data-wow-duration="1.5s">
    <h3>{{ .title }}</h3>
    <h4>{{ .role | markdownify }}</h4>
    <h5>{{ .locationdate | markdownify }}</h5>
      <li>
        {{ with .content }} <p>{{ . | markdownify}}</p> {{ end }}
      </li>

(code continues to finish)

Given that you don’t even let us know which theme you’re using, you’ll probably get an answer faster if you were asking on the theme author’s web site.

Theme is ‘Somrat’. It’s now an “archived” theme, so I haven’t gotten any responses from author.