Multi-tenancy in Hugo?

Is it possible to use Hugo in a multi-tenant environment at different websites?

So, I vaguely understand what multi-tenant means in a WordPress context, but I suspect that the term would not be relevant/not applicable in a static (Hugo) context.

You can surely create multiple websites from the same Hugo project, with different templates/config and deploy that to different websites (URLs…) … We even have multihost support so you can split per language (e.g. example.com, example.no, exampl.jp) …

@bep

I vaguely understand what multi-tenant means in a WordPress context, but I suspect that the term would not be relevant/not applicable in a static (Hugo) context.

Yes, you can think of WordPress Multisite for my needs where we can use Hugo to create documentation of 100+ products and publish to 10 different websites/domains. Is it possible with Hugo?

@bep

This multihost support is for i18n where multi-lingual versions of a website can be hosted on different domains. Can this be extended or evolved into a proper multisite feature allowing users to creating/managing websites where each website can have multiple products’ documentation (one repository per one product documentation) and then each website can be configured with a unique domain?

So, you need to build “something” on top of Hugo to manage these sites (a script), but it does not sound hard, and certainly possible.

1 Like