HUGO

Making a wiki with vimWiki

I read through:

and the Hugo docs to try and figure out how to link .md Vimwiki documents together but I couldn’t seem to figure it out. In the wiki the files are linked to in any of the following ways…

  • [[name of wiki page]]
  • [name of link](name of wiki page)
  • [name of link](name of wiki page.md)

when I tried to replicate this cristianpb’s sh file for automating the process didn’t seem to work (I think he had some files that he doesn’t include) so I put the wiki files in the content folder under /posts/. However, the links would not work and only the wiki index page would render. If anyone has experience with this or some advice please let me know!

I have read the cristianpb’s post and I agree that there is a lack of information to understand the integration that he made with Hugo.

Perhaps the author of the post can give you a better answer: https://twitter.com/cris_perez_b

Thank you for responding,

I saw that he has contact info but was unsure if he would be open to random people emailing / reaching out. I will give it a try !

1 Like

Hello,

Markdown files should be placed in the content folder. All files in this folder are converted into html on the public folder when using the command hugo --config config.toml.

You can try to clone the project and use hugo --config config.toml to see if you obtain the same behaviour. Otherwise that would help me to see why it doesn’t work.

In order to get vimwiki working with hugo, you should add the configuration to vimrc file like here and be sure to have wiki2html.sh file.

1 Like

@CadeMichael, here is the answer from the author of the post you mentioned. :+1:

@cristianpb, thank you for taking the time to respond. :slightly_smiling_face:

thank you for your response!

I had a similar config and placed everything in the content folder (in the post subclass I believe) the main issue that I experienced was that the links were not working. So one content page would not link to the other. The only one that would render is the home page of the wiki, and all links on it were to 404. I half solved the issue by just using the vim wiki syntax and converting to html with their converter and hosting the pages as an extension of my website, which of course isn’t ideal (the formatting is very different from the main website) but works.