Is it possible to .Pages.ByDate.Reverse for certain specific taxonomies?

Here is the repo: GitHub - joelouthan/theologic.us

I have used “series” as a taxonomy within my site.

There are a few works in progress (subdirectories within content/posts/ starting with a number) that I don’t mind be ordered latest on top.

But some series are completed. When I go to, for example:

I would like the list to go from oldest to newest.

How do I set reverse order per taxonomy? (I have read Lists of Content in Hugo | Hugo and I still don’t see how to reverse list per taxonomy.)

Thank you in advance.

The “PaperMod” theme has an active issues queue. Given that some of the layouts are fairly complex, I think it would be wise to ask there first.

And I think you want the ability to reverse the order per term (example: family-devotions-mark) rather than per taxonomy (example: series).

Thank you. I will check in with them.

How do I reverse the order per term?

The “PaperMod” theme has an active issues queue. Given that some of the layouts are fairly complex, I think it would be wise to ask there first

Okay. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out the solution to this.

Where I went wrong: I wanted the list of post in chronological order. That is, oldest post first. I was thinking ByDate and ByPublishDate would list them in newest post first and then .Reverse would reverse that.

But I was looking at ByPublishDate and thinking, “Wouldn’t that list it in chronological order?”. On a whim, I drop the .Reverse. Voila! It worked.

So I have added a taxonomy to the normal Tags and Categories called Series. So for all Series of posts, I have copied /layouts/_default/list.html into /layouts/_default/series.html, added the $paginator.Pages.ByPublishDate and it works like a charm.

I am still trying to figure out how to do it by term (e.g. family-devotions-mark) rather than by taxonomy. I am working with the PaperMod author and I will update this issue with the solution.