Index page caching locally

While I’m sure this is something I’ve done (I don’t believe I’ve updated Hugo recently, I’m at 0.18.1), I’ve noticed that my home page is not updating when I’ve published new articles. The articles aren’t in draft, and if I kill the Hugo process and restart, the index page shows the update. Is there anything in particular I should look for?

1 Like

@Raymond_Camden I’m glad you mention this. I just used Hugo to put together a small single-page site for my buddy’s upcoming book and noticed that the homepage/index.html wasn’t updating as well…

Good to hear that. This was my problem as well, as I wrote in this post.

For a beginner, it is difficult to see where the problem really is.

I restart the hugo server frequently now, which is not a big problem, but might be good to know for newcomers?

I’m pretty sure the issue is not browser caching, but I’ll try again.

And nope, that’s not the issue. I also want to point out that in my command window, Hugo definitely sees the update. It tells me it notices new content and is refreshing.

Ah cool - known bug with an easy (and more appropriate) work around. Thanks @bep!

Ok, so in my testing, switching to .Pages did not work. My article_list template has this:

{{ $paginator := .Paginate (where .Pages "Type" "post") }}

Previously it was .Site.Pages.

Any updates on this? I blog almost daily and it’s getting annoying having to kill/restart Hugo every time. :wink: (Of course, it start up in 6 seconds so it’s not the end of the world.)

I apologize - I had edited the theme template, but not the copy I had with my mods. Doing that fixed it!