Importing from iCal/ics file

Hi Gang,

I’m brand new to Hugo, and really enjoying the way it works with content. I’m wondering if anyone knows of a good way to pull in events from iCal/ics feeds. I work for a school district and we are currently managing our web calendar for everything but athletics on our Wordpress site (which I am currently trying to replace), but then pulling in our athletic events from our athletic management system via iCal/ics feeds.

I was able to kind of get there by pulling in the ics file and then using a utility to translate that into a JSON file, but I’m curious if anyone would have some better ideas.

Thanks!

I think that’s the best way, at the moment (could change, but I doubt ICS support is going to become a Hugo thing when we have JSON). :slight_smile:

OK, thanks for the guidance. I’ll keep plugging away with JSON. One other question, maybe I should start a new thread, but the dates in an iCal file look like this: 19701101T020000, and I can’t seem to find a way to convert that to a date object in Hugo. Any ideas?

try with time function