Hugo failing to render content

I am using “hugo-coder” as theme, when i first build the page everything was working fine, but it would not render the content, such us the top navigation bar with about, posts, projects and contact, with the following error on the inspector

Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘codescript’)
at chrome-extension://iamhhblhmpldjchjecmapgoikpjmmfoe/content/content.js:4:18
site.webmanifest:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
site.webmanifest:1 Manifest: Line: 1, column: 1, Syntax error.
site.webmanifest:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Start building sites …
hugo v0.105.0+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=unknown

Please help us to help you.

See https://discourse.gohugo.io/t/requesting-help/9132.

Let us see your code

Include a link to the source code repository of your project, because we really need the context of seeing your templates and partials to be able to help you. It is trivial to do a quick git clone on your repo, then run hugo server in your project, to help you out. On the other hand, recreating your code from screenshots, or sort of guessing at it, is not.

If you can’t share your repository for whatever reason, consider creating a dummy repo that you can share, which reproduces the problem you’re experiencing.

link to repository

mljourney

That’s because you have overridden

themes/hugo-coder/layouts/partials/header.html

with

layouts/partials/header.html

and you omitted the code required to render your navigation.

One of the errors is from a Chrome extension, and is not related to Hugo.

The other errors are caused by files that are missing from your static directory. See:

themes/hugo-coder/layouts/partials/head/custom-icons.html
1 Like

Thanks i missed understood how to implement the analytics to the header, done

This theme already calls the GA template here:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.