Hugo 0.95.0 Released

16 Likes

Hugo 0.95.0 packages

Brew - Hugo Brew package for macOS and Linux - updated :white_check_mark:
Snap Package - Hugo Snap (Snapcraft) package for Linux

• traditional release - updated :white_check_mark:
  • extended release - updated :white_check_mark:

Docker/CI Image - Hugo Docker image for Continuous Integration - updated :white_check_mark:
Docker Image - klakegg/hugo - Other Hugo Docker image - updated :white_check_mark:
Debian (sid) - updated :white_check_mark: (Track link)
Ubuntu (hirsute) - not yet updated :x: (Track link )
Fedora Copr - Hugo RPM package for Fedora and CentOS - not yet updated :x:
Chocolatey Package - Hugo Chocolatey package for Windows

6 Likes

OT: what’s the future for Hugo milestone? 0.100 or 1.00?

1 Like

How cool!

break and continue will make rendering a specific set of content files within a range simpler! :pray:

7 Likes

I’m still having trouble keeping up with Hugo’s new releases. :stuck_out_tongue:

There have been several revisions in the last two weeks.

Is this how it’s always been? It appears that a relatively small team has made significant progress.

I’m still having trouble keeping up with Hugo’s new releases.

I am not complaining! :smiley: This project is really amazing for people who want to get the latest and greatest features. The beauty of hugo static binary is that you are not forced to update unless you want the new features or need a bug fix.

Is this how it’s always been?

I think it mainly depends on the free time @bep gets to add features to this project, and then PR activity from other users or dependent modules (like goldmark, chroma, etc.). But yeah, this project has been super-lively at least for the past 5 years or so since I started using Hugo.

It appears that a relatively small team has made significant progress.

Yeah… it’s a pretty small team :grin:

Personally I have started taking notes of big features that matter to me:

6 Likes

I did a quick summary about these new features. I think it’s very nice to have those in our toolsets. They sound small, but for me they are the biggest new features in quite some time :tada:

1 Like

@davidsneighbour

There is an issue open about a problem with spaces in the break and continue keywords. For now keep using {{break}} and {{continue}} if you encounter errors.

Note that the above is not an issue in Hugo.

yep, it’s in golang.

It’s worth noting that in both of the upstream Go issues (for break/continue and and/or) it was Russ Cox, the leader of the Go project, who stepped up to the plate and implemented it himself. He is considered to one of the sharpest brains in Google. He had a summer job at Google back when he was a student at Harvard. He worked with Jeff Dean, a Google legend; and that summer he implemented Google Code Search:

3 Likes