Hugo 0.112.0 Released

This is a good one.

Code: Release v0.112.0 · gohugoio/hugo · GitHub
Docs: Release v0.112.0 · gohugoio/hugoDocs · GitHub

10 Likes

Not sure if this belongs to here. Let me know and i’ll move it.
Brew updating formula with 0.112.0 failed.

No, it belongs here … but I have no clue how to fix it, it looks like a timeout where a restart would be the right medicine.

I’ll re-run the brew update (if I can).

[EDIT] Failed exactly with same ruby error

Do you have a link to the full log?

See my comment on homebrew : hugo 0.112.0 by divinerites · Pull Request #131697 · Homebrew/homebrew-core · GitHub

The build and logs is here : hugo 0.112.0 by divinerites · Pull Request #131697 · Homebrew/homebrew-core · GitHub

Brew formula is here : homebrew-core/hugo.rb at bump-hugo-0.112.0 · divinerites/homebrew-core · GitHub

Hugo 0.112.0 packages

Brew - Hugo Brew package for macOS and Linux - updated :white_check_mark:
Snap Package - Hugo Snap (Snapcraft) package for Linux - updated :white_check_mark:
Docker/CI Image - Hugo Docker image for Continuous Integration - updated :white_check_mark:
Debian (unstable) - not yet updated :x: (Track link)
Ubuntu (hirsute) - not yet updated :x: (Track link )
Fedora Copr - Hugo RPM package for Fedora and CentOS - not yet updated :x:
Chocolatey Package - Hugo Chocolatey package for Windows

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s this line:

I guess we (or I) changed the config filename when doing hugo new site to hugo.toml.

Yes. Makes sense. But this change was done Jan 16 so since 0.110.0. Should arrived before.

Do you think I should try to submit a patch to the .hugo.rb formula to use hugo.toml instead ??

If you want the … build to go green, yes.

Submitted (Update hugo.rb by divinerites · Pull Request #131702 · Homebrew/homebrew-core · GitHub) but same error.

Error: hugo: failed
  An exception occurred within a child process:
    Minitest::Assertion: Expected #<Pathname:/private/tmp/hugo-test-20230523-51409-euy1md/hops-yeast-malt-water/hugo.toml> to be exist?.

homebrew formula maintainer made a change in his test structure (https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/131697#issuecomment-1559202877) and said should be fine. CI is rerunning ATM.

Release notes indicate what has changed, but they do not indicate level of effort.

Version Commit hash
v0.111.3 5d4eb51
v0.112.0 0a95d67
$ git diff 5d4eb51 0a95d67 --shortstat
768 files changed, 19227 insertions(+), 20139 deletions(-)

The insert/deletion numbers represent lines of code and documentation.

This release was a massive effort.

Thanks @bep and those who contributed code, documentation, and testing resources—much appreciated.

11 Likes

Brew - Hugo Brew package for macOS and Linux - updated :white_check_mark: :

And yes it is a tremendous work. Thanks bep & jmooring for all the hard work.

3 Likes

The Docs link takes me to github not documents and when I search for build.cachebusters in docs it return no results.

I am using tailwind using this post by @bwintx

with this new release do I still need to use NPM or I can just use native Hugo with tailwind or with Hugo modules?

Thanks

Just so you know, that post was for Tailwind v2 — try this one instead:

. . . and, as I understand it (I haven’t tested it because I don’t currently use Tailwind), the build.cachebusters change in Hugo 0.112.0 handles the part I mentioned about Hugo not “seeing” CSS changes in dev mode (i.e., when using hugo server).

1 Like

Yea, I have need to spend the time I should have spent on updating the docs on bug fixing. Sorry about that, but the release notes should cover the new feature.

with this new release do I still need to use NPM or I can just use native Hugo with tailwind or with Hugo modules?

You still need NPM. The new thing re. Tailwind is the cachebuster setup, which makes is practical to work with the new JIT compiler, and it actually works great from the tests I’ve been doing.

2 Likes

[Deleted. Will create a separate thread about what I was asking here.]