Generate xhtml, minifyOutput=false, yet "<!doctype html"> at start so xhtml is invalid

Hi,
I am switching to producing xhtml instead of html, as a first step toward making my theme produce epub. I realized that using other themes that make ebooks ain’t gonna cut it, because they use other content structure for files, images etc, and adapting usually isn’t worth the time. Beside I can only understand by making things mine so…

I have

[mediaTypes]
[mediaTypes."application/xhtml+xml"]
suffixes = ["xhtml"]

[outputs]
page = ['XHTML', 'CSV']
home = ['XHTML']

[outputFormats.CSV]
isPlainText = true

[outputFormats.XHTML]
mediaType = "application/xhtml+xml"
isHTML = true
permalinkable = true
isPlainText = true
notAlternative = true

files are produced all right, no weird thing as far as I can see, the sitemap is fine, but though I have <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> on top of my baseof.xhtml, it’s not in any file produced.
What did I miss ?

for sitemaps etc i use this first line

{{ printf "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" standalone=\"yes\"?>" | safeHTML }}

HTH

But I don’t have a template for the sitemap… and the result is still identicial to yours:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

But it did work for the other pages though… go figure. The pages don’t display yet, but it’s because xhtml is a b$tch :rofl: Does someone perhaps have tips to write good xhtml ? I get tons of warnings and one error:

Fatal Error: required character (found >) (expected =)At line 6, column 86`f2" crossOrigin>

I get with ="anonymous", and without. What the hell ? I can’t find a good tuto either…

you must generate correct XML documents!

see XHTML - Wikipedia
see HTML Standard

https://validator.w3.org/ will help to find errors

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.