Generate getJSON based on url

I have a page, where i get data from an external API service.

I can all all data by using “url/data/all”
Byt for most cases, it would be better, if the user, can click a link, and select a country.
The api support this by using “url/data/country”

Is there a clever way, i can modify the url, based on a link, or some other way (in case this is not the correct way of doing this).

The only way i see it right now, is to create a page, for every country i have, and that is a hassle to maintain.

Thanks

Hugo is a static site generator.

The getJSON function is not dynamic, it only works when the static HTML is published.

Thanks.

So i’m asking because i’m trying to learn.

Is there another approach, i could take, to fix this, or is one page, pr. country the only way ?

With Hugo -as far as I know- there is no way to populate lists from remote APIs on demand.

Perhaps you could render these lists with JavaScript on the frontend, but I am not aware of a library that you could use, because I never had a need to use it.

Thanks. I will keep looking :slight_smile:

ok so i solved it.

My range in my partial.html files is set as : {{ range where $dataJ “country” .Params.country }}

And in my front matter, i now have a : country: DK

Then i created a small python script, that pull each uniquecountry from the database, and created a page, with the name and country as the country.

Problem solved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.