This will be very specific to the Hugo Academic theme, so apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong place.
I’ve made an academic website using the Hugo Academic theme (which I’m very happy with). Unfortunately, the ‘cite’ feature for my publications isn’t functioning: the cite box comes up but it can’t seem to find the .bib file (Error: 404 Not Found).
I am using Hugo v0.56.3.
I wonder if it’s related to the baseURL setup of my site (indeed, the feature works fine when running hugo server and going to localhost:1313): At first I had difficulty getting my site and its internal links to load, which was eventually fixed by entering the following into config.toml:
baseurl = "" relativeURLs=true CanonifyURLs=true
and when I build the site with Hugo I change the baseURL:
For my institution I need to change the name of the public folder to public_html, and I then drop it with Filezilla into the root folder of my local unix account hosted by the university.