Date output contains html entities in the opengraph internal template

Today I noticed that the opengraph tags on my blog had + instead of a plus sign. It seemed strange so I did a little research.

The facebook opengraph debugger interprets og:updated_time as having the value 1526058781 even when the output is this:

<meta property="article:published_time" content="2018-05-10T15:57:10&#43;01:00" />

I don’t know what dateTime format 1526058781 is, but seems coherent with the output from other websites.

Checking the internal templates, they have the right logic:

{{ .Date.Format "2006-01-02T15:04:05-07:00" | safeHTML }}

And running a few tests, I found out that this works to output the plus sign instead of the html entity:

{{ printf "%s" (.Date.Format "2006-01-02T15:04:05-07:00") | safeHTML  }}

It doesn’t feel like this is a problem at all, because the debugger seems to interpret the date correctly. Yet I figured it was best to bring this up in case it warrants being logged as an issue on github.