CSS changes result in a hard reload

I know this isn’t supposed to happen, but while using hugo server, every time I save a CSS file in my “static” directory, it forces a hard reload (vs hot updating). Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hugo version: 0.60.0

The logic is, I think, that if the build changes 1 file only and that file is static (css, image), we do a “hot reload”, else hard reload.

That is what I thought too, but it isn’t working that way for me :frowning: (I’m changing one, plain CSS file).

…image changes are resulting in a hard reload as well. Any ideas as to what might be going on? I would love to benefit from hot reloading.

Could you be more specific with the definition of “hard reload” and “hot updating” so that we can see the difference?

The reason I’m asking is the following log (showing in the shell) is the only type of livereload as far as I know:

Change detected, rebuilding site

By “hard reload” I mean the browser reloads the page, and by “hot update” I mean CSS or image changes are swapped and update the page without reloading it.

Apparently this behavior was added in this PR, but I continue to experience a hard reload when updating CSS files. The log output I’m getting is as follows:

Change of Static files detected, rebuilding site.
2019-12-04 12:13:00.302 +0100
Syncing css/style.css to /

This may also be a browser/browser-mode behavior.

I’m experiencing it in Safari, Chrome and Firefox :frowning: