Convert a 0.16 site to modern Hugo syntax

Oh dear. I am sorry to say that those suggested changes seem to be only part of the solution. The site now builds without errors.

But most of the internal links give 404 page not found errors. I think this is why we stuck with 0.16. (I seem to remember there was a significant change of semantics between 0.16 and 0.18…)

Here’s how our ~1,000 page site is structured. (For reference, you can see the file structure at https://github.com/tohojo/bufferbloat-net)

1. We have several projects under our top-level home page. Each of those projects lives in a separate folder within the content directory.

2. Each project directory contains three directories: a wiki directory for pages; a news directory for new posts, and an issues directory.

3. Files within those directories are stored with obvious names, and a “.md” suffix.

4. Links between other pages within the project are saved in Markdown format as some kind of path with or without a “.md” suffix:

• [Tests for Bufferbloat](./Tests_for_Bufferbloat.md) or
    • [What Can I Do About Bufferbloat?](./What_can_I_do_about_Bufferbloat/) or simply
    • [glossary](Glossary.md)
  5. “Inter-project” links look like this: [wiki](/codel/wiki/index.md) That is, they start at project directory (codel) at the root of the server, then to its wiki directory to the target (with optional “.md” suffix)

So I renew my request for a tutorial or documentation for bringing the site into modern Hugo. Thanks again.

Update: For the record, here’s my current Hugo configuration, running on macOS Catalina 10.15.3…

bash-3.2$ brew install hugo
Warning: hugo 0.65.0 is already installed, it's just not linked
You can use `brew link hugo` to link this version.
bash-3.2$ brew link hugo
Linking /usr/local/Cellar/hugo/0.65.0... 38 symlinks created
bash-3.2$ hugo version
Hugo Static Site Generator v0.65.0/extended darwin/amd64 BuildDate: unknown
bash-3.2$ pwd
/Users/richb/github/bufferbloat-net
bash-3.2$ hugo serve

| EN
-------------------+------
  Pages            | 419
  Paginator pages  |   0
  Non-page files   | 156
  Static files     |  24
  Processed images |   0
  Aliases          |   6
  Sitemaps         |   1
  Cleaned          |   0

Built in 261 ms
Watching for changes in /Users/richb/github/bufferbloat-net/{archetypes,content,layouts,static}
Watching for config changes in /Users/richb/github/bufferbloat-net/config.yaml
Environment: "development"
Serving pages from memory
Running in Fast Render Mode. For full rebuilds on change: hugo server --disableFastRender
Web Server is available at http://localhost:1313/projects/ (bind address 127.0.0.1)
Press Ctrl+C to stop