Academic: Slideshare shortcode has stopped working

Greetings,

as per subject. I have realized it some weeks ago but could not post before.

You can see what I am talking about in this page Calicut: Personal Clouds to replace corporate-controlled-platforms | Marco Fioretti

Below the “The slides” heading there should be (and there WAs, perfectly working when I first created that page!!!) an embedded version of this slideshow of mine:

Now, all there is under that heading is an empty box. It does not matter what I put in the shortcode in place of X:

{{< slideshare X >}}

that is the numeric ID that slideshare provides for embedding in wordpress, or the last part of the embedding URL, that is if I write this:

{{< slideshare "key/pQnPU9W9pQqcHI" >}}

what really confuses me is that the HTML page generated by Hugo in the second case (as you can see yourself in the source code of the URL above) contains this HTML code:

<div class="embed slideshare">

And if I copy and paste that same HTML code in a file test.html, and load that in the browser, I do see the slideshow

What is going wrong here, and how to fix it, possibly in a theme-independent way?

Thanks

Please see the Requesting Help guidelines.

We cannot know what is wrong without seeing the source code of your project and in particular the aforementioned Slideshare shortcode.

there is no shortcode to speak of. This is what really confuses me.

Meaning, what I reported happens without any file called slideshare.html in themes/academic/layout/shortcodes

Also, I ran “find . -type f -exec grep -i -l slideshare {} ;” in the academic theme folder, and all it returned is:

./static/css/font-awesome.min.css

Yet, if you load that page on my website and check its source yourself, there IS an iframe generated by Hugo, with this content:

<iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/pQnPU9W9pQqcHI?rel=0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC;border-width:1px 1px 0;margin-bottom:5px" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" width="100%" height="400" frameborder="0"> </iframe> 

It’s like that template were embedded in the Hugo binary itself

There is no internal shortcode for Slideshare as far as I know.

@mfima you may have a better chance of getting help by asking the Academic theme maintainer directly through their issue tracker on GitHub.

I was already planning to do that, and I surely will, later today.

But this is something that happens with the theme itself having NO code at all to make it happen, or influence it.

That is, unless I am missing something big here, which is certainly possible, this cannot be a theme issue only.

slideshare is not an internal Hugo shortcode. It does not appear to be an Academic theme shortcode either. We don’t know where this shortcode is coming from. We cannot know where this is coming from, or what is in it, without seeing your site code.

This is why we ask that you refer to the Requesting Help guidelines linked to above.