Academic: Site does not build locally

https://github.com/wowchemy/starter-academic/issues/119

Hi there!

Thanks for opening source this perfect theme first.

I made a site myself and after I update to the latest version. I found that the site cannot be built anymore.

No matter the demo file or my own site, they all displays Error: module "github.com/wowchemy/wowchemy-hugo-modules/wowchemy" not found; either add it as a Hugo Module or store it in "xxxx/themes".: module does not exist and so many other errors.

I don’t know whether it is because this url is unavaliable?
https://github.com/wowchemy/wowchemy-hugo-modules/wowchemy

But currently, your demo site files which is starter-academic cannot be built on my computer to with hugo server

The demo site displays an error as following:

Error: Error building site: "C:\Users\FanyangMeng\Desktop\academic-master\content\home\demo.md:69:1": failed to extract shortcode: template for shortcode "alert" not found

After I deleted the alert shortcode in demo.md and publication.md,

It displays that

Building sites … WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "section": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "taxonomy": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "term": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "home": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "taxonomy": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "section": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "section": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "JSON" for kind "home": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2020/09/12 20:52:33 found no layout file for "webappmanifest" for kind "home": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.

I can assure you that I have already do what you said in this https://github.com/wowchemy/starter-academic/issues/117#issuecomment-688516652 issue.

Really drives me crazy.

But all things can be built yesterday, and I did not do anything.

Would you please give me a hand? I will appreciate that so much if it possible.

Hi, welcome to Hugo’s community. Seems to me that your folders got moved or something in that line. It can’t find the layout files.

But what’s most weird is that your official github starter-academic also displays the error…

I just download the official repo, install hugo and go correctly, run hugo server, then the error comes out. I did not move any folders in it…

Hi @FanyangMengDev

Hugo Academic has its own support and own set of documentation. Suggest you go to the theme support or community

If you use hugo academic theme, please try this:

$ hugo mod clean
$ hugo server

or

$ hugo mod clean
$ hugo mod get -u ./...
$ hugo server

Ref: