A suggestion on branch bundles and leaf bundles

Hi
I’m looking for some ideas on bundles. I am creating a doc website and I need to have some hierarchical structure. Ideally, I drafted something like:

content
  docs
    _index.md
    getting-stated
      index.md
      why-this-software.md
      what-is-this-software.md
    how-to-use
    advanced-topics

With a {{range where .Site.RegularPages "Section" "docs" }} I can get the list of three bundles.
In the getting-stated bundle I have my index.md which is useful for sourcing something from the content matter, but nothing more than that.
Each file has a weight and I need it for ordering the page appearance, but if you hit the url /docs/getting-started you should see nothing. The content is really ordered in the various markdown files inside the leaf bundle.
Another alternative I see is to make the getting-started as a bundle branch and name each leaf as the file name instead of a page.

content
  docs
    _index.md
    getting-stated
      _index.md
      why-this-software
         index.md
      what-is-this-software
         index.md
    how-to-use
    advanced-topics

but this would transform the getting-started in a list I do not need. My /docs would need to list the bundles (first level of bundles) and then link to the starting point of each bundle. The intermediate list of the second level is useless.

In my first option, I am not finding a way to generate the list of pages within a leaf bundle, which is probably what moved my thinking (as a workaround) in 2 nested bundles, giving me back the problem of managing a list I do not need.

I went through some docs and an old link for driving the right bundle decision but I am a bit confused now.
Any suggestion?

Thanks
LM

Since you want to output several pages under /getting-started/, it makes sense to set it as a Branch Bundle.

You can turn off the creation of the /getting-started/ Section listing by setting its build options in the _index.md:

_build:
list: never

Also see:

Thanks. I was not aware of it. The never value can’t work for me. With it, I do not even see the list when I do {{ range .Sections }} in the /docs. With local I can probably solve my problem.