Pages with _index.md not updating

I’ve been having this problem since the last few versions. I updated to v0.55 but it’s still happening.
I feel like I understand the leaf vs branch usage of index.md vs _index.md, but I am at a loss to why my _index.md pages inside branches aren’t updating. When I temporarily rename them to index.md, I can update them that way, but I have to rename it back to _index.md to get the other pages to update.

I have taxonomy terms disabled in my config:
disableKinds = ["taxonomy", "taxonomyTerm"]

This is my file structure:

├── _index.md (homepage)
├── before-and-after-photos
│   ├── _index.md
│   └── gallery
│       ├── _index.md
│       ├── 1
│       │   ├── _index.md
│       │   ├── item-one.md
│       │   ├── ...
│       │   └── item-xxx.md
│       ├── ...
│       └── xxx
│           ├── _index.md
│           ├── item-one.md
│           └── item-xxx.md
├── blog
│   └── _index.md
├── section-one
│   ├── _index.md
│   ├── topic-one.md
│   ├── ...
│   └── topic-xxx.md
├── section-two
│   ├── _index.md
│   ├── topic-one.md
│   ├── ...
│   └── topic-xxx.md
└── section-three
    ├── _index.md
    ├── topic-one.md
    ├── ...
    └── topic-xxx.md

Currently, blog is empty (no posts), but the _index there will be the list page.
The homepage and before-and-after-photos subbranches seem to update correctly.
The section-one, section-two, and section-three _index pages don’t update unless I temporarily rename them to index.

Not sure why this is happening, or do I need to change my structure to make it work better?

0 Likes

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand, what do you mean by “not updating”? Do you have your code somewhere we can have a look at to see if we can reproduce this issue?

0 Likes

When I run hugo, /index.html is overwritten with a new version, but /section-one/index.html is not overwritten with a new version. /section-one/topic-one.html is also overwritten with a new version.

I am not sure what part my code you’d like to see?

0 Likes

Ideally your whole project, if you are able to share it. Otherwise, a smaller version, with dummy content that reproduces the issue, so I or others can test to see if the issue persists.

Your content structure does not stand out to me as being ‘unusual’, so I can’t really say just looking at it what is wrong. So it could be something in the layouts, or the config, or something else entirely.

Please also have a read on Requesting Help for more details.

0 Likes

Okay, I will get back to you with a dummy repository, hopefully after this weekend. Thank you.

0 Likes