Module not compatible with this Hugo version

I’m trying to install this theme:
hugo-texify3

using this guide:
github. com michaelneuper/hugo-texify3/wiki/Basic-Usage

with this command:
git submodule add GitHub - michaelneuper/hugo-texify3: A LaTeX-style hugo theme with the gruvbox color scheme for personal blogging themes/hugo-texify3

But I’m getting this error, despite having the extended version of Hugo with “sudo apt install hugo”

WARN 2024/06/11 15:09:04 Module “hugo-texify3” is not compatible with this Hugo version; run “hugo mod graph” for more information.
Start building sites …
hugo v0.111.3+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=2023-03-16T08:41:31Z VendorInfo=debian:0.111.3-1
ERROR 2024/06/11 15:09:04 Failed to read Git log: fatal: your current branch ‘master’ does not have any commits yet
ERROR 2024/06/11 15:09:04 render of “taxonomy” failed: “/home/user/sp/themes/hugo-texify3/layouts/_default/rss.xml:20:17”: execute of template failed: template: _default/rss.xml:20:17: executing “_default/rss.xml” at : can’t evaluate field LanguageCode in type *langs.Language

Accoring to the theme info it requires

[module]
  [module.hugoVersion]
    min = "0.115.1"
1 Like

From the documentation…

To update Hugo in debian based distros

wget https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo/releases/download/v0.127.0/hugo_extended_0.127.0_linux-amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i hugo_extended_0.127.0_linux-amd64.deb
1 Like

Thanks Arif, I installed that 0.127.0 version but I still get this error:

Start building sites …
hugo v0.127.0-74e0f3bd63c51f3c7a0f07a7c779eec9e922957e+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=2024-06-05T10:27:59Z VendorInfo=gohugoio

ERROR Failed to read Git log: fatal: your current branch ‘master’ does not have any commits yet
ERROR TOCSS-DART: failed to transform “/sass/layouts/content.scss” (text/x-scss). You need dart-sass-embedded in your system $PATH.: this feature is not available in your current Hugo version, see Frequently asked questions | Hugo for more information

Maybe look at the error messages…

So… commit something.

So… install Dart Sass (see docs).

2 Likes

how do I commit something? Not sure what this means. make an article.md or do something on github?

You need to have some basic knowledge of Git, and this is not the place for that discussion.

Ok sorry to bother you.
I’m on debian, I installed dart-sass with these:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install snapd
sudo snap install core
sudo snap install dart-sass

But still get this when doing ‘hugo’

ERROR TOCSS-DART: failed to transform “/sass/layouts/content.scss” (text/x-scss). You need dart-sass-embedded in your system $PATH.: this feature is not available in your current Hugo version,

What happens when you type “which dart-sass”?