My content goes to level-two as such:

content
├── level-one
│   ├── level-two
│   │   ├── _index.md
│   │   ├── page-4-a.md
│   │   ├── page-4-b.md
tags: ["energy_systems", "4_5"] 

However, adding tags to any page besides _index.md throws an error to a partial in the theme:

Building sites … WARN 2019/10/30 21:27:43 .File.BaseFileName on zero object. Wrap it in if or with: {{ with .File }}{{ .BaseFileName }}{{ end }}
ERROR 2019/10/30 21:27:48 render of "taxonomy" failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.html:8:3: executing "main" at <partial "pagination.html" $paginator>: error calling partial: "project_repo/themes/docdock/layouts/partials/pagination.html:3:42": execute of template failed: template: partials/pagination.html:3:42: executing "partials/pagination.html" at <.Prev.RelPermalink>: can't evaluate field RelPermalink in type *page.Pager
ERROR 2019/10/30 21:27:48 render of "taxonomy" failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.html:8:3: executing "main" at <partial "pagination.html" $paginator>: error calling partial: "project_repo/themes/docdock/layouts/partials/pagination.html:7:42": execute of template failed: template: partials/pagination.html:7:42: executing "partials/pagination.html" at <.Next.RelPermalink>: can't evaluate field RelPermalink in type *page.Pager
ERROR 2019/10/30 21:27:48 render of "taxonomy" failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.html:8:3: executing "main" at <partial "pagination.html" $paginator>: error calling partial: "project_repo/themes/docdock/layouts/partials/pagination.html:3:42": execute of template failed: template: partials/pagination.html:3:42: executing "partials/pagination.html" at <.Prev.RelPermalink>: can't evaluate field RelPermalink in type *page.Pager
Total in 5334 ms
Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of "taxonomy" failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.html:8:3: executing "main" at <partial "pagination.html" $paginator>: error calling partial: "project_repo/themes/docdock/layouts/partials/pagination.html:7:42": execute of template failed: template: partials/pagination.html:7:42: executing "partials/pagination.html" at <.Next.RelPermalink>: can't evaluate field RelPermalink in type *page.Pager

Some more quirks:

1. It can handle a few of the pages just fine (let’s say half) but when I add tags to all I get an error.
  2. If I add the tags while the server is running it’s fine. But if I shut down the server and attempt to run or compile again I get the error.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi there,

I am running into the same problem. What is weird is that for some pages, a certain number of tags is fine, and if I add one more I get the above error messages.

Has there been any fix to this since the last post?

Thanks!

1. This problem is specific to the DocDock theme.
  2. The DocDock theme has a dedicated issue queue. You might try posting your question there.
  3. The DocDock theme is not actively maintained, and was removed from the Hugo Themes gallery in September 2019.

If it were me, I would use a different theme—one that is actively maintained.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I will look around for other themes, once more, but unfortunately docdock was the only giving me the functionality I wanted. Anyway, I will also try their dedicated issues.