Issue with lumen bootswatch theme in Chrome

Hi everyone,

I am using the Hugo Bootstrap Premium theme and have selected the bootswatch lumen theme in my config.toml file. When I build the website on the local hugo server (the website isn’t public yet) and access the website in Google Chrome, the bootstrap.min.css file does not load and therefore my website looks like a plain html file. My custom style.css file does load.
This issue only happens with Google Chrome (not in Edge), only for the lumen theme (all other bootswatch themes work) and only on this device (my laptop). I have successfully built my hugo website with the lumen theme from my desktop computer. That is strange, since I am storing both the hugo /bin folder and the website source code in a shared OneDrive folder.

First I thought it was an issue with pathing, but given the fact that other themes work perfectly fine, that should not be the case. Nonetheless, I’ll share with you my stylesheet imports.

<!-- selection of themed bootstrap css to load-->
{{ if isset .Site.Params "bootswatchtheme" }}
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ "css/bootswatch/" | absURL }}{{ .Site.Params.bootswatchtheme }}{{ "/bootstrap.min.css" }}">
{{ else}}
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ "css/bootswatch/default/bootstrap.min.css" | absURL }}">
{{ end }}

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ "css/font-awesome.min.css" | absURL }}">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ "css/style.css" | absURL }}">

{{ range .Site.Params.customCSS }}
<link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ . | absURL}}">
{{ end }}

The bootswatch.min.css file absolute path is c:…<SITENAME>\themes\hugo-bootstrap-premium\static\css\bootswatch\lumen\bootstrap.min.css.

I am not sure what causes this issue. Perhaps I have overlooked something simple. Can anyone help with this?

Cheers,
Enki Denys