Hugo static site forms backend

Hello, Im Geoff from fabform.io – the forms backend as a service. I am looking to get some feedback from people having problems with hugo static forms. Would love to hear what pain points or problems you would like solved from a forms backend provider.

If you want to to play around with fabform.io, here is the simple code to get started

<form action="https://fabform.io/f/{form-id}" method="post">
 <label for="email">Your Email</label>
 <input name="email" type="email">
 <button type="submit">Submit</button> 
</form>

Painpoint 1: People submitting my form end up on another page telling them they did good and click here to go back
Painpoint 2: People know my site is a cheap Mr. scrooge using a service that does the formhandling for me. *white labelling"?
Painpoint 3: The “free tier” of my contact form service does not allow to format my email and makes it look ugly on purpose.

Most of the pain points are those that I would use “against” free package users to get them into a paid one. It’s not really a big issue these days anymore if there is a budget for the submissions. I’ll give your service a try tomorrow. It looks good. If antispam/phishing protection is good for “average users” you already do a good job.

1 Like

Site look nice but what about privacy doesnt seems to have any privacy policy. is it privacy friendly who sell the data and where you store is a must if you handling form data?

thanks

1 Like