Has Hugo become too complex?

That person you quote from claims to love Hugo, claims to see the big issue with its documentation, and claims to have impressive background in writing documentation, so obviously is capable of helping fix that issue, at least to some extent. It’s really great to have someone like that on board as an active member of the community, I’m sure he contributed a lot to the hugoDocs repository since he wrote that piece, let me just check… Oh, yeah, nevermind.

My ears are burning. :grinning: Getting in before this thread is locked… (And, no, my docs-writing experience is by no means “impressive.” Would that it were.) The aforementioned post containing the comments with which you took issue is from July, 2019. Ever since I wrote that post, I actually have given many thoughts to pitching in and helping in the way to which you’re referring. What has always stopped me is the realization that those items whose documentation needs the most help require me to know far more than I do, or have time to learn, about the fine points (and/or more complex parts) of Hugo.

Finally: my original comments that you mentioned were intended only as constructive criticism but, if your observations here are any guide, it appears they offended the Hugo community, instead; and, for that, I apologize. I assure you I meant no harm.

Ok. It seems that everyone had time to express their opinion and respond to each other.

Thank you for your participation in this discussion.

However I think that this topic has run its course and it takes time monitoring it. Time that could be spent otherwise -if you catch my drift-.

The discussion about improving the Hugo Documentation should continue in the dedicated GitHub repository:

3 Likes