Exclude section from list?

Is there currently a way to exclude a given section from a list? Thanks to ‘where’, I can list only a given section, like this:

{{ range first 5 (where .Data.Pages "Section" "status") }}
   {{ .Content }}
{{ end }}

But is there a way for me to e.g. then list all pages except those in section status?

The real context for this is that I have a “status” section of brief status messages which I display at the top of the home page, and then want to display the list of full posts & pages (everything that is not in section “status”) below that.

The work-around, obviously, is to give all status messages an ancient date, so they don’t appear in the list, but I’m wondering if there’s another way.

Thanks!

acodispo

It’s pretty easy to exclude things thusly:

{{ range .Data.Pages }}
  {{ if neq .Section "status" }}
    {{.Content}}
  {{end}}
{{end}}

The only problem comes when you want to list only a certain number of them, since range first N will return N, but then you’ll possibly strip out some of those because they’re status messages. But if you don’t need to do that, it’s pretty simple.

Thanks, @natefinch! That will work nicely.

Actually, this is giving me an incomplete template error. Here’s what I’m using:

{{ range first 8 .Data.Pages }}
   {{ if neq .Section "status" }}
      <li><a href="{{ .RelPermalink }}">{{ .Title }}</a>, {{ .Date.Format "2006/01/02" }}</li>
   {{end}}
{{ end }}

No rendering error if I remove the “if neq” clause and accompanying end tag.

Any ideas?

I think neq should be ne. Please try to change it

Thank you, @tatsushid, that works great!

A post was split to a new topic: Exclude sub-section from list?